Subject: near fatal accidents
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:27:21 -0700
I just read your babalog and never fear, children are indestructible, just read a few of our families near-misses, missus!
cyndy: 2 or 3 yrs. old, mistook a glass of fresh motor oil for apple juice
and gulped it down while daddy was working on the car (glad I wasn't in
charge of diaper duty)
cyndy: again, 2 or 3 yrs. old while eating a handful of sunflower seeds (IN
the shell mind you) she began to choke, picked up a grown-ups' screwdriver
and gulped it down. Then she REALLY began to choke. (ahem, where are the
Jake: 1 year old. while traveling through the deep south (four kids, two
parents and a dog crammed in an old VW bus--read: no opening windows to
speak of) he "swallowed" a penny, or a nickel. After frantic calls to our
CA pediatrician my parents eventually found the coin in his diaper. No, it
didn't "end up" there, it had simply fallen in while he was playing with it.
Who gives their kids loose change to play with anyhow?
Me: 10th birthday, struggling through a vicious pneumonia on the night of
my first slumber part. The biggest concern seemed to be who was going to
entertain all my friends who were already over while I was in my room
shaking off the chills of a 102 fever? No worries, my sister stepped right
in and took over the party queen role for me. thanks sis, but did you have
to open all my presents too?